Sunday, January 22, 2012

Serial baking defined...

To be a serial baker, one must posses a very unique skill set. How many folks do you know that can strike a fine balance between the scientific precision necessary to create culinary confections and the artistry required to propel said confections to a level of creative genius? To call oneself a baker is but part of the equation, albeit a most important one. How often have you heard people say, "the cake was beautiful, but it did not taste very good." I am sure you can recall many a dessert that made your tastes buds sing, but that looked most unappealing. The serial baker is one who has obsessively searched for the solutions to said problems, all while continuing to hone his or her culinary skills.

Having loosely defined the term serial baker, I feel I must interject this disclaimer: While I strive to attain the ultimate honor of being called a true serial baker, I am but merely a student in search of that sacred culinary balance. And, since perfection as defined in any situation is purely subjective, I feel that it is likely not a goal that I will imminently attain within this lifetime. Still, with a love for all things sweet and delectable, and more importantly, a love for making folks smile, I will thrust myself into the perpetual adventure that is serial baking...perhaps you will join me along the way. ;)

Confectionately Yours,

Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment